For start-up loan trading desks, the challenge is eliminating patchwork systems and preparing for rapid growth. For established desks, it’s handling the expanding universe of instruments, currencies and trade types – perhaps even new geographic markets. In either case, FIS LoanTrak™ is the right solution.
Introduced in 1997, LoanTrak was the first software system dedicated to secondary loan trading. Since then, it has advanced in lockstep with this rapidly evolving and highly specialized market. Today, with more than a decade of market knowledge built in and the largest client base in the market, LoanTrak is the #1 global loan trading application. LoanTrak supports multiple traders, portfolios, locations and currencies, and P&L methodologies. LoanTrak provides a global view of the business for senior management and market-specific functionality for traders, salespeople and closers.
FIS LoanTrak is an enterprise-scale software application that automates all the essential activities of a par or distressed loan trading desk, including trade capture, real-time position and P&L monitoring, mark-to-market, LSTA and LMA trading documents, workflow management for trade settlement and reporting. From a single engine, LoanTrak can support multiple traders, portfolios, locations and currencies – providing a global view of the business for senior management without sacrificing rich, market-specific functionality for the traders, salespeople and closers.
Bi-directional trade and settlement data reduces operational risk and increases efficiency. Seamless data flow among FIS commercial lending products and integration with third party systems is FIS’ strategy for a “once and done” approach to trading and settling syndicated credits.
Not Just for Traders
With all your trades and positions in a single, highly functional system like LoanTrak, you can satisfy all these constituencies without resorting to manual or “orphan” systems:
- For traders – trade capture, position and P&L monitoring, mark-to-market, axe sheets
- For closers – automatic confirms, closing memos and tools for managing the settlement workflow
- For risk managers – robust, role-based security, two- or three-touch trading, position aging and limit tracking
- For controllers – realized and unrealized P&L on trade date and settlement date basis
- For senior management – unparalleled off-the-shelf reporting on trader and salesperson performance, counterparty volumes, portfolio and profitability analysis, and much more.
Beyond the Basics
Working with some of the most active and innovative trading desks in the market, we have added many advanced features to LoanTrak that will save you time and money. Some of these include multi-currency facilities; netting letters and multi-lateral agreements; warehouse and total return swap portfolios; comprehensive support for trading with retail sub-accounts; and automatic handling of paydowns and commitment reductions. If it’s part of the loan trading business, chances are LoanTrak can handle it.
Straight through processing in loan trading, from front-to back-office, is no longer an elusive goal with LoanTrak, it’s a reality. Trade activity entered in LoanTrak automatically updates agent and participant holdings in the FIS ACBS Servicing solution. Likewise, loan interest and fee accruals calculated in ACBS Servicing, update P&L for trading portfolios in LoanTrak that hold those loans. This revolutionary interface eliminates a large amount of redundant data entry and a major source of errors and discrepancy. In addition, LoanTrak shares a deal and investor database with FIS’ SyndTrak solution so you can track primary and secondary market activity in a single application.
- Trade Capture and Electronic Blotter
- Up-to-the-Second Inventory and P&L Monitoring
- Production of All Standard Trade Documents
- Advanced Features
- More Than 100 Standard Reports
- Trading Business Growth Without Increased Costs
- Up-to-the-Second Intelligence for Senior Management
- Adherence to Stringent Risk Management and Compliance Standards
- "Once and Done" Efficiency
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft .NET
To learn more about LoanTrak, contact FIS at +1.212.832.6784 or +44 (0) 207.423.5600.