FIS Scope and History
With a more than 45-year history deeply rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ reaches well beyond geographic and cultural borders in countries throughout the world. Our work and vision continue to expand with a strategy that has given FIS one of the most comprehensive solution sets in its industry.
Propelled by the skill and energy of industry experts more than 39,000 strong, FIS holds leadership positions in payment processing, core banking solutions and risk management services in multiple markets and geographies. From this position of strength and leadership, FIS plans to continue to provide the strategic innovation, new product development, product integration and expertise that drive our industry’s progress and enable our clients to meet the increasing pace of change in the global marketplace. We recognize that our leadership position can only be sustained by delivering solutions that enable our clients to leverage emerging technology to address changes and expectations of their customer base.
We know that information security is key to the success of our clients – and we continue to raise the bar and remain committed to making the necessary investments to strengthen our information security environment, organization and culture, so that they can rest assured their information and that of their customers is safe.
- FIS employs more than 39,000 people worldwide.
- FIS settles more than $1.2 trillion annually
- We process banking transactions for more than 500 million demand deposit accounts and score more than 80 percent of the new deposit accounts opened
- In 2012, FIS moved more than $5.5 trillion across the globe.
- Our transactions touch more than 750 million end consumers.
- Through the NYCE® Payments Network, FIS connects more than 450,000 ATMs, 95 million cards and over 2 million point-of-sale (POS) locations.
- Globally, FIS supports more than 71 million credit card accounts, 42 million loyalty accounts, 151 million prepaid cards and 78 million debit cards.
- FIS is the partner of choice in numerous industry verticals, including:
- Nine out of the top 10 global banks are FIS clients.
- Nearly 75 percent of all U.S. credit unions utilize a solution or service from FIS.
- FIS serves 18 of the top 25 national retailers.
- FIS scores more than 80 percent of all North American deposit accounts.
FIS Market Penetration
- FIS serves more than 14,000 organizations in the financial services, government and retail industries in over 110 countries.
- Eight out of the top 10 global banks are FIS clients.
- FIS serves many non-financial institution clients, including 18 of the top 25 national retailers.
- FIS holds leadership positions in payment processing, core banking solutions and risk-management services in multiple markets and geographies.
- FIS is the No. 1 retail core processor in Germany.
- FIS is a leading provider of third-party card processing in Brazil, Australia, New Zealand and Thailand.
- Of more than 7,500 domestic credit unions, nearly 75 percent are clients using one or more FIS product.
- FIS leads the community bank and credit union loyalty market with more than 7,000 debit, credit and checking account loyalty and rewards programs.
- FIS supports more than 6 million bill pay accounts, 4.8 million consumer e-banking accounts and 1.5 million mobile end-points.