Risk Management Products
FIS Enterprise Risk and Regulatory Advisory Services
FISTM EGRC Solutions provides clients a 360-degree solution set of products and services that enable enterprise risk management, enhance overall compliance programs, and mitigate risk through a best-practices-based model that ensures regulatory compliance proficiencies now and in the future.
Early Risk Manager
Early Risk Manager utilizes quarterly Call Reports and a series of regression models similar to what the banking regulators use to manage risk. However, it goes beyond the regulatory models to identify emerging risks before they happen and enables an institution to attain optimal risk management performance.
Early Risk Manager provides a risk dashboard of 25 reports containing key risk management intelligence in relation to three focal points:
- CAMELS rating
- Probability of undercapitalization
- Economic value
Early Risk Manager also contains a “what-if” analysis function for proactive risk management.
Compliance Risk Indicator
Compliance Risk Indicator is an innovative, Web-based, compliance and BSA/AML risk assessment solution. Compliance Risk Indicator identifies the inherent risks associated with each rule, product and line of business, and then calculates the residual risks precisely while identifying the root causes of the residual risks so you can take timely and effective risk mitigation action. Compliance Risk Indicator also provides you with a tool to forecast the effect of certain events or changes on the residual risk level.
- Perform compliance risk assessments in a more precise and timely manner
- Calculate residual risks by rules, products and lines of business
- Review, download and print robust reports and risk dashboards
- Know where your risk is, how much there is and the root cause, so you can take swift action to mitigate the risks
- Easily customize your risk assessment
- Cover BSA/AML, safety and soundness, fair lending, and consumer protection rules
FIS EGRC Solutions is the leading source for reliable, timely and relevant materials that keep the regulated financial services industry informed, updated and compliant. FIS has been a trusted advisor for more than 20 years and is the familiar face behind the “Big Orange Book” (BOB), the industry’s leading regulatory compliance manual.
Premium Membership includes:
- Unlimited access to our regulatory compliance experts via telephone and/or e-mail
- Unlimited access to more than 50 webinars on current laws, regulations and emerging risk issues
- Three hard copies of our renowned compliance manual: the “Big Orange Book” (BOB)
- Three copies of our Quick Reference Guides – Laminated sets of relevant, necessary compliance information at your fingertips on a variety of topics
- Unlimited access to the Premium Membership Web site
The Premium Membership Web site offers:
- Electronic BOB
- Policy manual
- Hot issue articles
- Reference library and other reference tools such as:
− Annual Timeline of Regulatory Changes
− Mortgage Loan Disclosure Calculator
− Regulation Z Section 32 HOEPA Loan Rates
− Summary of Regulations
- Much more
Compliance Quick Reference Guides and Tools
Quick Reference Guides ‒ We Set the Financial Industry Standard
Major regulating authorities trust our quick reference guides and you should too. Our nationally-recognized quick reference guides in easy-to-understand language can help you navigate complicated laws and regulations.
Evaluate your institution’s compliance using our step-by-step guide to applicable advertising rules. This includes:
- Non-deposit investment products
This Excel-based program covers everything. Let us know if you need a hand and our staff will be happy to walk you through it.
Price: $350.00 (plus applicable sales tax)
Flood Insurance Administrative Resource Calculator
Understanding flood insurance rules can be difficult and good administrative resources are hard to find. The Flood Insurance Administrative Resource Calculator (ARC) is an automated tool that helps you identify when flood rules apply and then calculates the insurance rate required for each specific loan.
This Excel-based solution is simple enough to be used by everyone in your institution.
Price: $350.00 (plus applicable sales tax)
Funds Availability Solutions Toolset
The Funds Availability Solutions Toolset (FAST) shows you how the rules apply to your customers’ deposits. This suite of quick and easy tools reflects the latest changes to the Availability of Funds and Collection of Checks regulation (Regulation CC) of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
- A one-hour funds-availability-education program to update your personnel on the latest regulatory changes
- Our “Funds Availability Quick Reference Guide”, an at-a-glance cheat sheet for convenience
- Our “Funds Availability Training Manual”, an easy-to-use personnel training tool
Price: $400.00 (plus applicable sales tax)
Mortgage Loan Disclosure Calculator
Monday ‒ Friday and Monday ‒ Saturday Versions
Keeping up with the timing requirements for mortgage loan disclosures can be difficult. Not anymore. Be prepared with our Mortgage Loan Disclosure Calculator. The calculator provides relevant timely information regarding requirements of the:
- Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z)
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA)
- Housing and Economic Recovery Act/Mortgage Disclosure Improvement Act (MDIA).
Important Note - There are two versions of the calculator. The Monday ‒ Friday Mortgage Loan Disclosure Calculator is designed for financial institutions open for nearly all business activities five days a week: Monday ‒ Friday.
The Monday ‒ Saturday Mortgage Loan Disclosure Calculator is designed for institutions open for nearly all business activities six days a week: Monday ‒ Saturday.
When ordering, please select the correct version.
Price: $650.00 (plus applicable sales tax)
If your institution is open five day a week, be sure to select the Monday ‒ Friday option.
If your institution is open six days a week, be sure to select the Monday through Saturday option.
The “FIS Regulatory Advisory Services Compliance Manual”
FIS “Big Orange Book”
The FIS “Regulatory Advisory Services Compliance Manual” commonly referred to as the “Big Orange Book” (BOB), is the nation's most comprehensive, widely used resource for banking compliance. This is truly your one-stop shop for compliance information.
It’s written in plain English so it’s easy to understand. Each manual includes semi-annual updates for one year.
Price: $795 (plus applicable taxes) per annual subscription
“Funds Availability Training Manual”
Funds availability is always a challenge for the frontline staff at most financial institutions. Updates to Availability of Funds and Collection of Checks regulation (Regulation CC) affect your policies, disclosure and practices. A well-trained staff is critical to your success and our “Funds Availability Training Manual” can help.
Price: $360 (plus applicable taxes)
Please Note: This “Funds Availability Training Manual” is included in the Funds Availability Solutions Toolset (FAST). You don’t have to order this separately if you’ve already placed your order.
Sample Policy Manual
Need sample policies but don’t have the resources to create them yourself? Our sample policy manual contains all the policies necessary to meet your needs.
Premium members have unlimited access to these policies and you can, too. Sign up for premium membership and get this manual free or buy it separately and take what you need.
Price: $215 (plus applicable taxes)
Convenient, Cost-Effective Compliance Webinars Delivered to Your Work Space
Each month, FIS Regulatory Advisory Services conveniently offers Web conferences on the latest compliance updates and regulatory changes. Whether you are sitting at your desk or with other employees at your financial institution, you can count on us to provide training on the industry's hot compliance topics – all via your computer.
- Time – All conferences begin at 2:00 p.m. ET
- Duration – Approximately 60 minutes (including a 15-minute Q&A session)
- Number of Participants – Unlimited
- Technology Requirements – A telephone line and an Internet connection
Continuing Education Credit:
The Institute of Certified Bankers (ICB), a subsidiary of the American Bankers Association, is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of performance and ethics within the financial services industry. FIS Regulatory Advisory Services webinars are submitted to ICB for continuing education credits for the designations of Certified Lender Business Banker (CLBB) and/or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM). Upon approval, each class will qualify for 1 – 2.5 CRCM and/or CLBB credits. The approval can take 6 – 10 weeks; therefore, we should be able to provide you with a certificate of completion within 10 weeks of your webinar date. Certificates will be sent upon request.
FIS Regulatory Advisory Services ‒ Compliance Seminars
Compliance Advisory Seminars
Regulatory compliance requirements are constantly changing. FIS Regulatory Advisory Services can help you and your staff prepare to meet new and existing compliance challenges.
Our compliance training series can help you save time and money while meeting your ongoing educational needs. Attend a two- or four-day compliance training program and learn about real-world solutions that can improve your compliance policies, procedures and day-to-day practices. Our training curriculum is tailored to different experience levels so everyone on your team can benefit.
You’ll also receive quick reference guides along with other relevant material for internal use within your institution.
Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
FIS Regulatory Advisory Services seminars are certified by the Institute of Certified Bankers (ICB) to provide 29 continuing education Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) credits.
Certified Legal Education
FIS Regulatory Advisory Services seminars are certified by the Florida Bar Association to provide a total of 26.5 Certified legal Education (CLE) credits.
You can register online or by faxing the completed registration form in the seminar brochure to 1.321.207.4001.
Continuing Education Credit:
Earn regulatory compliance manger (CRCM) continuing education credits certified by the Institute of Certified Bankers (ICB). A subsidiary of the American Bankers Association, ICB is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of performance and ethics within the financial services industry.
ComplianceAnalyzer® is the mortgage industry’s standard for automated compliance and is built on the patented CriticalDecision℠ platform. With advanced technology, straightforward reporting and support from the industry’s compliance experts, lending institutions can easily identify and address loan-level regulatory compliance issues. Accordingly, ComplianceAnalyzer provides cost-effective audits to hundreds of institutions, including four of the top five mortgage lenders in the nation as well as regulators.
- Reduce unnecessary risk exposure
- Improve asset quality and stability
- Achieve significant cost savings
- Increase efficiency and accuracy
- Take a proactive approach to compliance protection
- Improve overall risk management and profitability
- Real-time audit results in seconds
- Loan-level summary reports supported by detailed analyses
- Industry baseline RiskIndicator®
- Exception handling and reporting
- Exportable management reports
- Comprehensive compliance certificate
- One-click delivery of loan portfolios to regulators
Regulatory University contains a library of more than 250 courses covering safety and soundness and consumer protection laws and regulations, high and emerging risk issues, products and services, and other topics of relevance to multiple lines of business.
In addition, Regulatory University offers a robust learning management system (LMS) with cutting-edge, risk-based reporting, tracking and analytics that allow you to deploy and manage training enterprise-wide.
Over 1,500 financial institutions and creditors throughout the U.S. – plus all five banking agencies (the FDIC, OCC, FRB, CFPB and CSBS) – rely on FIS to manage risk more effectively and help them pass regulatory examinations with ease.
- Enhanced Curriculum Management – Assign courses by regions, branches, groups and job function.
- Custom Content Manager – Our easy-to-use Custom Lesson Manager allows you to customize existing courses by incorporating your policies and procedures or create a new course from scratch.
- Survey Wizard – Save time and money by easily building and distributing custom surveys on any topic you choose, including items not related to compliance. Results are automatically tabulated using our robust reporting system.
- AICC and SCORM Compliant – If you have your own LMS, don’t worry, our courses can be deployed via AICC or SCORM from your LMS.
The ultimate tool helping financial institutions streamline the Call Report process, TimeSaver Premier from FIS integrates your core processor reports with FIS’ CallReporter Premier Call Report software. A perfect complement for CallReporter Premier, TimeSaver Premier is a unique module that simplifies and expedites the completion of the Call Report, while providing accurate and consistent results.
- FIS does the setup for you, which results in minimal work on your end.
- The tool gives you more control over your Call Report process.
- You can use reports from any core processor.
- You can save time and minimize the risk of errors.
- The setup is tailored to meet your specific Call Report needs.
- Much more
Call Reporter Premier
The majority of financial institutions nationwide are currently using FIS’ CallReporter Premier software to prepare and submit their FFIEC quarterly Call Report. The design of CallReporter Premier is full-featured yet simple, making it an easy system to navigate. CallReporter Premier is backed by personalized customer service, our longstanding association with government regulatory agencies and expertise with bank core processing systems.
Request more information » Back to Top ↑
- View complete FFIEC online instructions and edit checks with a mouse click.
- Compare your bank’s performance for up to five quarters utilizing more than 60 key operation ratios.
- Use automatic import and totaling cells to reduce the chance of errors.
- Create internal notes unique to a Call Report line and carry forward from quarter to quarter.
- Automatically prepare the Annual Disclosure Statement each year in an approved format for publishing or distributing to customers.
- Export and transfer data easily and quickly to other software systems.
Transaction Risk Management
FIS provides clients with the expert guidance and leading solutions they need to manage their evolving transactional risk management demands, including the following products:
- Debit Report – Helps credit issuers gain deeper insight into a consumer’s financial behavior using our robust data repository. Debit Report can help credit issuers who want to increase their overall customer base and grow without increasing overall risk.
- DebitBureau® – Contains information on consumers’ handling of deposit accounts. With applications for account openings, account closures, retail point-of sale payments and many other behaviors, DebitBureau combines information from financial institutions, retailers and other providers to form complete views of consumer behavior.
- ID Verification and ID Authentication – Helps financial institutions comply with the USA PATRIOT Act and “Know Your Customer” regulations. Together, the robust solutions help clients to quickly verify the identity of applicants by using both data matching and out-of-wallet questions.
- QualiFile® – Provides real-time account opening decisions using FIS DebitBureau data and other external data sources for demand deposit accounts. Available in Advantage and Premier editions, QualiFile helps ensure that a bank or credit union is less likely to turn away potentially profitable customers and more likely to turn away risky applicants.
AML Compliance Management
FIS is the first to provide end-to-end AML Compliance Management solutions integrating training, monitoring, reporting and advice. Our products include:
- AML Compliance – Automates the anti-money laundering requirements, helping financial institutions to mitigate risk and comply with the Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act. Consulting services are also available to conduct risk assessments, governance planning, gap analysis, independent annual reviews and forensic investigations.
- OFAC Watch – Cross-references your customer database against the OFAC list, as well as other government watch lists, using advanced search, matching and scoring methodologies that utilize unique algorithms to reduce false positives.
- Compliance Databank – A unique service, Compliance Databank combines global sanctions data to assist financial intuitions with conducting required due diligence in dealing with global sanctions requirements, senior political officials, terrorists and fraud.