Technology Product Sales
FIS has worked closely with its technology products business partners since companies were first installing computers. FIS leverages the knowledge and experience of its business partners to configure the technology solutions that effectively support businesses for years to come. Having access to these resources enables FIS to recommend the best solution with the most efficient investment. FIS looks closely at all of the options, models "what-if" scenarios based on capacity projections and makes recommendations based on extensive experience and the clients' business objectives.
Benefits of FIS Technology Product Sales
- FIS has years of experience in information technology asset management. Since its inception, FIS has managed hundreds of data centers, finding the right hardware and software assets for the most efficient operations. FIS runs state-of the-art Technology Centers and maintains a large technology infrastructure to support customers throughout the world.
- With over 7,500 IBM MIPS and the latest in IBM storage technology, such as IBM's VTS, installed in state-of-the-art Technology Centers across the country, FIS has the experience to help businesses with their next technology decision. FIS has been through numerous operating system migrations and can help make customer migrations run smoothly. Businesses benefit from FIS' experience with all major suppliers of mainframe software. FIS provides hands-on user experience to support your technology investment.
- Hardware/Software Technology Consulting – Drawing from experience as a large user of technology products, FIS offers an objective perspective on how technology can benefit enterprises.
- Financial Analysis – FIS regularly evaluates technology alternatives and applies sound financial analysis to each transaction.
- Software Value Assessment – Most of the value of software licenses lies buried in client organization's contracts. FIS assists by lowering costs, handling software acquisitions and planning for the future.
- Contract Terms Analysis – FIS reviews the purchase and lease contracts for technology products to ensure optimum value.
Consulting Services for Technology Installation and Management
FIS provides a team of knowledgeable consultants to support technology acquisitions. FIS consultants are trained to implement and support the migration to state-of-the-art data processing operations under a wide variety of operating system environments, and configure general operations for optimum results for business enterprises. Businesses benefit from the advantages of FIS' consulting services in:
- Operating systems
- Transactions systems
- Environmental and support software
- Systems and application tuning
- Capacity planning
- General diagnosis/problem resolution
- Software selection
- Conversion services
The FIS Value
- Applying expertise gained from the acquisition and management of several hundred million dollars of equipment and software.
- Seeking to understand client business strategy and enterprise issues when recommending technology products.
- Drawing on 40 years of relationships with quality partners to provide the best in technology product solutions.
- Providing a full range of services for effective evaluation, acquisition and management of technology assets.
FIS sells IBM products including the full range of zSeries (S/390), iSeries (AS/400), and pSeries (RS/6000) hardware and associated IBM software and services. FIS' knowledge of these IBM products is based on four decades of usage in its own processing centers and is enhanced by FIS' application software that targets the financial services, telecommunications and mortgage industries.