Credit Card Processing
Credit Card Processing for Financial Institutions
From simple switching to complete turnkey processing and services – the range and quality of our proven solutions cannot be matched.
FIS offers the most comprehensive collection of processing solutions available on the market today. Delivering products and services for financial institutions around the globe, FIS presents a winning combination of technology and services for every phase of your client relationship – from card production and activation to an extensive range of fraud management services, to value-added loyalty programs designed to drive up card usage and fee-based revenues. FIS is your one-stop resource for credit solutions. Our end-to-end processing solutions support platinum, gold, classic, commercial, small business and private-label card programs, as well as installment loan products. Our card issuing, risk management, plastics and marketing services take your credit programs from set up and launch to market retention and ongoing support. Our card processing solutions include:
- Multi-solution provider
- Transaction processing
- Risk management
- Card marketing
- Cardholder service
- Card issuance and plastics
- Client services
- Online Services
- Commercial card
FIS offers both outsourced and pass-through card processing alternatives. For the outsourced solution, financial institutions enroll in our full-service program, in which FIS provides all phone and written cardholder services; or our self-administered program, in which you service your own cardholders using FIS systems. FIS service offerings are also available in an unbundled format that offers the choice of outsourcing many select, day-to-day operational tasks to FIS.
In the pass-through program, FIS offers a number of optional services, along with processing financial institution transactions through the FIS switch. You decide what suits your strategy, and FIS can support it!
Utilizing powerful payment processing technology, FIS offers the industry’s most complete range of options. From transaction authorization to statement generation, from card issuance to customer service, FIS’ responsive and cutting-edge capabilities ensure the seamless delivery of processing solutions with speed-to-market that is second to none. FIS processing offers fully integrated transaction processing solutions, providing a single point of authorization, transaction posting, settlement, reporting and access for all services. FIS supports both Visa® and MasterCard®.
FIS is committed to providing our clients with the most advanced tools and resources to help protect financial institutions from fraud attacks. We are positioned to combat fraud with a comprehensive and growing suite of products and services in an ongoing effort to put our expertise to work for you. Our Fraud Services organization provides three key components to help prevent and diminish your future risk exposure – Fraud Prevention, Recovery and Fraud Production Management for debit and credit cards.
Behavior Scoring and Strategy Management, to improve reissue decisions and reduce losses, is provided through the Readi-Review™ Plus risk scoring system. Readi-Review Plus is a valuable tool for analysis of cardholder behavior. Readi-Review Plus may be used in conjunction with Full Portfolio Review to segment the cardholder base and identify opportunities for credit line increases, card upgrades and for cross-selling of other products.
By using FIS' Application Processing program, you can accumulate, sort and process credit applications using a scoring model that automatically applies predefined rules to approve or decline applications. In addition, the application is user-friendly and flexible.
In today’s competitive environment, credit or debit cards without perks just don’t measure up. Facing constant challenges in the marketplace, successful issuers must continually find ways to differentiate their product offerings.
Card marketing enhancement experts help you stay competitive by providing innovative marketing programs that effectively increase profitability and market share. From the most proven rewards program in the market to our top, value-added enhancement, FIS has what card programs need to excel.
With FIS standing behind every transaction, card-mailing authorization and account service call, you and your cardholders can count on our commitment to meet your needs. Our service is ranked among the best in the industry. Throughout FIS, we pay close attention to satisfaction, accuracy, speed and details at all levels. FIS offers flexible levels of personal cardholder service. No matter what service is chosen, each interaction is held to our highest standards.
- Basic service provides balances, available credit, account activity and recent transactions.
- Premium service adds address changes, fee-reversal requests and 24/7 access.
- VIP service adds customized service based on your institution’s credit policy for decisions regarding client limits, PIN/plastics requests, due-date changes and other requests.
We personalize and fulfill both inventory and custom-designed plastics in a completely secure environment. Our inventory of plastics requires no pre-purchase or inventory management on your part – we do it for you! Our plastics production volume works in your favor, with competitive pricing and faster turnaround times, and we handle Visa and MasterCard approval for card design specifications on your behalf. Our services take you beyond the basics, with customized designs and attractive card sleeves that advertise for you.
Financial institutions are assigned a primary representative who is backed by a team of associates. All representatives provide expert assistance in support and services for plastics, chargebacks, billing, customer support, reports, training, system changes and more.
Specialized expertise and tools are also available for analyzing portfolios and implementing beneficial program changes. Our business development group provides expert consulting to assist customers with portfolio analysis and successful program implementation.
eZCardInfo.com offers the industry’s most comprehensive Internet-based cardholder services. eZCardInfo is like online banking for credit cards. When a cardholder enrolls, he or she can take control of their finances and manage their account 24/7, including the ability to:
- View their account balances
- Check available credit
- View past and current statements
- Download data to financial software
- View transactions since their last statement
- Search and view up to 18 months of transaction history
- Pay their bill online
- View transaction and spending reports
- Receive e-mail or mobile alerts of conditions or events affecting their account
To help financial institutions promote eZCardInfo.com to their cardholders FIS has created complimentary marketing materials, which include: a statement insert, in-branch poster and table tent, promotional Web banner, sample splash screen and flash demo.
The Collection System from FIS provides powerful tools to ensure the efficiency and productivity of your collection efforts. Regardless of account type, the system is designed to deliver the options and functional flexibility you need to accomplish the ultimate goal: repayment. The feature-rich, online process of The Collection System gives you instant access to account balances and payments and speeds the movement of collection information. Resources at your fingertips include:
- Extensive reporting
- Qualification set technology (unique to FIS)
- Multiple security levels
FIS’ North America Card Services also offers full-service credit card Receivable Management Services. By creating a collections campaign utilizing state-of-the-art digitized voice messaging (DVM) technology, courteous agent support and effective collection letters, FIS can manage your entire receivable account process, including:
- Early-stage account management – early reminders that a payment is overdue
- Pre-charge-off account management – a proven campaign of letters and calls
- Post-charge-off collections – a blended call campaign, letters with stronger language and collector assignments to high-value accounts
To be competitive, your commercial card program must be capable of addressing a wide range of corporate issues. Card usage, authorization, reporting and billing requirements differ greatly from company to company; your ability to accommodate these variables is a key factor in determining the profitability of your portfolio. Better control for your customers means stronger, longer-lasting commercial card relationships for you.
- Revolving lines of credit that spread expenditures over time
- Authorization and reporting options for control and expense monitoring
- Help in managing travel, office supplies, equipment and other expenses
- Revolving lines of credit
- Travel and entertainment expense tracking
- Extensive authorization controls and reporting
- Expense monitoring and cash flow control
- Rate negotiation facilitation with vendors
- Predetermined spending limits
- Reduced purchase order costs
- Authorization-controlled spending at point of sale
- Help in managing fleet vehicle expenses
- Maintenance and mechanical issue monitoring
- Facilitation of point-of-sale data collection, including odometer reading, driver and vehicle ID, and type and quantity of products purchased
- Daily download of captured data
- Designed for medium to large companies
- Provides your commercial clients with a tool to manage travel and entertainment costs, procurement and fleet expenses – or any combination of the three
- Flexible and extensive authorization controls and reporting
- Offers expense monitoring, controls cash flow and facilitates rate negotiations with vendors