Mercury - Credit Union Core Software
Credit Union Solution Powering Small- to Mid-tier Credit Unions
Competing with larger financial institutions to attract and maintain members is no walk in the park these days. Members are demanding more and more services at little or no cost and your budget and staff are taxed to their limit. So, how can you afford the technology solution you need to attract and retain members? One word – Mercury. With Mercury − an open and integrated core processing solution developed exclusively for credit unions − your institution will be up for the challenge.
Mercury was built around industry standards utilizing Microsoft® tools and technologies featuring an SQL database as well as the .NET/C# and Visual Basic programming platforms – all providing increased ease of integration and expansion, plus powerful, affordable hardware solutions and simplified network connectivity. No customization is required, which results in a painless implementation and fewer performance issues. Sound interesting?
With Mercury, setup is not pre-defined; rather you can easily tailor your offerings to meet your unique needs. The solution’s scalability enables you to add new tellers, products, services, fee structures or GL accounts – even relocate an office, add a branch or upgrade your equipment – without the need for a large technical staff or vendor intervention (although we are always here to help when you need us).
From teller operations and deposit functions to lending management and EFT processing, Mercury delivers all the capabilities you need to manage your credit union operations and meet the ever-growing needs of your market. Mercury’s integrated branch-automation solution simplifies teller balancing, improves accuracy and speeds transaction processing for improved productivity and member service. Comprehensive in its breadth, Mercury includes fully-integrated deposit, lending, teller and general ledger capabilities.
By selecting Mercury from FIS, you are getting a proven partner with a long-standing industry presence and a core processing solution that has been forged by the challenges to the financial industry. Some additional Mercury credit union solution highlights include:
- Conversion Expertise – The Mercury conversion team follows a proven project and conversion methodology for the planning and implementation of an accurate, timely data conversion whether your institution is converting to Mercury or our team is assisting you in the acquisition and conversion of a new institution.
- Excellent Support – We don’t sell software, we build a partnership by creating a relationship. Nothing is more important to establishing and maintaining a solid partnership than excellent customer support. The Mercury staff works hard to deepen that partnership and maintain that trust.
- Business Intelligence – Mercury Data SolutionsTM (MDS) is a fully-integrated business intelligence option that allows you to create custom reports, analyze your data and take a fresh look at your membership. MDS enables you to extract current data snapshots from the live, online database and view them in an easy-to-understand format.
- Compliance – Our dedicated regulatory and compliance team helps you manage the complex and ever-changing regulations facing your institution.
- After-hours Functionality – With its unique Scheduler module, the system works all night so your staff doesn’t have to. Mercury can handle running reports and backups, posting transactions to the general ledger and generating “instant audits” – that is, user-defined lists of highlights from the day’s business. This lights-out processing saves you money, because you eliminate the need for your staff to work later.
- 24/7 Processing – A real-time solution that is online and available to your membership whenever and wherever they are.
- Connectivity – Mercury offers numerous options for online banking, ATM/POS and audio response systems.
You stand behind your members through every stage of their lives and FIS stands behind your credit union as it changes and grows. With our comprehensive and integrated suite of technology-based solutions – featuring the Mercury credit union core software solution – FIS delivers the flexibility, efficiency, reliability and scalability to meet your members’ big-picture financial needs without missing a single detail along the way.