Refer a Friend T&C
Refer a Friend Scheme - Terms and conditions
1. This ‘Refer a Friend Scheme’ (the “Scheme”) is available to existing Worldpay customers who provide a successful referral to Worldpay of a new customer incorporated in the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland who take services consisting of Worldpay acquiring, Worldpay terminals or Worldpay gateway (the “Qualifying Services”), and is subject to the criteria, exclusions and limitations below. Each Worldpay customer who is eligible to participate in the Scheme shall be entitled to one £100 eGift voucher for each successful referral that they make in accordance with these terms and conditions (the “Voucher”).
2. The Scheme is only available until 31 December 2022 unless amended or withdrawn as described below.
3. Referrals are limited to 10 per year for each existing Worldpay customer (also described herein as the “Referrer”)’. Each new referred customer may only be referred by one Referrer. This means that if two or more Referrers make the same referral, only the Referrer who makes the referral first will be entitled to the Voucher, as determined by Worldpay in its sole and absolute discretion.
4. If the Referrer is an employee, contractor or owner of the business being referred, then the referred business must have a separate bank account and be registered with Worldpay as a separate business. Employees or contractors of Worldpay are not eligible to participate in the Scheme.
5. Referred customers who take Worldpay’s Pay As You Go online payment products and services or Card Reader without also taking one of the Qualifying Services are excluded and no Voucher will be provided for these.
6. Only one Voucher will be provided for each referred customer, i.e. merchant, even if more than one Qualifying Service is applied for.
7. The referred customer must be an entity that has not had a facility with Worldpay in the 12 months prior to the referred customer entering into a merchant services agreement with Worldpay.
8. Worldpay’s standard account opening procedures will apply and the referred customer will need to be accepted as a new customer of Worldpay (which shall be at Worldpay’s sole and absolute discretion). Terms and conditions apply to all Worldpay services.
9. A successful referral is defined as a business going live with Worldpay, i.e. is processing transactions by using the Qualifying Services, and where direct debit payment authorities are in place for both the existing and the referral customer.
10. Provided that these terms and conditions are complied with, Worldpay will contact you directly by email to arrange for the £100 eGift voucher to be sent to you. We will endeavour to send this within 30 days of us being satisfied that the criteria herein for a successful referral have been met. The Voucher will be sent to the email address provided by you to Worldpay, but will only be issued in the name of your business and not to an individual employed by your business.
11. No cash alternative is available. The Scheme cannot be combined with any other offer.
12. The issue of the Vouchers is conditional on the referral customer retaining Worldpay services at the time of issue of the Voucher. If Worldpay is required to terminate services or does not accept the referral customer’s application, no Vouchers will be issued.
13. The Vouchers are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. You must read them carefully.
14. Worldpay reserves the right to amend, suspend or withdraw the Scheme at any time for any reason. This offer is non-transferable and may be revoked at any time for any reason. The rules of the Scheme may be changed without notice and at the sole and absolute discretion of Worldpay.
15. Worldpay accepts no responsibility for the operation of this Scheme and neither does Worldpay accept any liability in the event that the Vouchers become valueless or unusable.
16. Worldpay reserves the right to refuse a claim for a Voucher if it has reasonable grounds to believe that there has been: a breach of these terms and conditions, a misuse of Worldpay’s intellectual property rights, including Worldpay trademarks and/or materials, any misrepresentation; abuse of the Refer a Friend promotion; or any illegal or criminal activity including fraud in connection with the Scheme.
17. These terms and conditions shall be governed by, and interpreted in accordance with, the laws of England and Wales, and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle all actions, claims, and disputes arising out of, or in connection with, this Scheme.
©2022 FIS and/or its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved.
Worldpay (UK) Limited (Company No. 07316500 / FCA No. 530923), Worldpay Limited (Company No. 03424752 / FCA No. 504504), Worldpay AP Limited (Company No: 05593466 / FCA No: 502597). Registered Office: The Walbrook Building, 25 Walbrook, London EC4N 8AF and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Service Regulations 2017 for the provision of payment services. Worldpay (UK) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for consumer credit activities. VAT number: 991 2802 07
Worldpay B.V. has its registered office in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (Handelsregister KvK no. 60494344). WPBV holds a licence from and is included in the register kept by De Nederlandsche Bank, which registration can be consulted through www.dnb.nl.